I can’t necessarily give nude lipstick recommendations because it depends on your skin tone but there are a few ways to make nude lips more wearable! :)
1. Gloss! Either adding a layer of gloss over nude lipstick or using a nude lipgloss will give a little more life to nude lips. Using a nude gloss is a great way of muting out your lips without fully committing to nude lipstick. Matte, flesh tone lips can make you look a little ill.
2. Go for a nude thats a shade or two darker than your natural skin tone. A flesh tone nude isn’t usually the most flattering. Try a darker beige lipstick.
3. Use a darker beige/nude lip liner. This will make any nude lip darker on the edges/outline so it doesn’t just blend in with your skin. It adds dimension to the lips and creates a lip shape so it doesn’t look too flat like you have no lips!
4. Go for a nude with a pink or peach undertone. A pinky nude or peachy nude is a lot more wearable than a flesh tone nude yet still keep the lips muted.
One site to get discounted higher end makeup at is All Cosmetics Whole Sale, they also have many discontinued products like rare limited edition MAC products which is cool! Check out their sale section for the better deals :)
For more affordable/drugstore makeup check out
- Cherry Culture (has popular brands like NYX, Jordana, etc)
- Coastal Scents (has affordable brushes, palettes, makeup, etc)
- BH Cosmetics (similar to Coastal Scents)
- E.L.F (popular affordable brand sold at Target. If you don’t have a Target or to shop their full collection, shop online!)
Spring is around the corner! What better way to embrace spring than with a fun, coral lip! Some coral lipsticks can lean towards more of an orange, while others are more pink. Sheer or bold, a coral lip is great for every skin tone and every budget :)
Try shades like:
MAC Costa Chic (DUPE: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Hola)
Maybelline’s Vivid Collection in Shocking Coral
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in #110
Maybelline Color Elixir in Breathtaking Apricot
Maybelline Color Whisper in Orange Attitude
Tom Ford True Coral
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Stellar (on sale for $2.39 on drugstore.com right now!)
hey! I was just wondering.. I'm a complete beginner with eyeshadow! I never wear it. what are some GOOD palettes that are quite natural colours (for fair skin) and subtle? and what brushes would you recommend with this/these palette(s)? natural colours for beginners pleaseeee! also, what is mineralized skin finish? will it even out my red-ish skin tone (mostly on my cheeks but also all over!) at all?? thank you so much xx
You can get any shadow to look more subtle by using a light hand when applying, only picking up very little product on the brush and using a fluffy brush when blending it out :)
Try palettes like
Lorac Pro ($42)
I LOVE this palette for beginners because a common beginner mistake is using only shimmery shades so all the colors mush together looking like a shimmery mess. This palette gives a top row of matte shades and a bottom row of shimmery shades.
Too Faced Natural Eye Palette ($36)
Coastal Scents Revealed Palette ($20) you can buy online here
For basic eye brushes you can buy them separately or buy a little eye starter kit. My only issue with buying a starter kit is that sometimes you may not use all the brushes it comes with or the brush kits arent as good quality, so I prefer to buy single brushes but it’s up to you!
You can find my post on basic must have eye brushes here, you can get a feel of what eye brushes to get and buy them separately :)
Some eye brush kits I recommend are
Real Technique’s Eye Brush Kit ($20) at Ulta or some Targets, Walmarts and CVS’s.
Sigma Basic Eyes Kit ($70) here
Also, the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish has a light to medium coverage, so it may not cover all you need it to but it should cover overall skin redness but not so much acne, scars, etc :)