Thank you for your input! I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Cover FX brand actually :)
Cover FX is a brand sold at Sephora for anyone interested!
Primer will usually do one of two things
- Help your makeup last longer, good for those with oily skin or wear makeup for long periods of time for work and such.
- Fill in any pores, fine lines, etc so make your skin look really smooth so when you apply foundation your face looks more smooth & flawless.
Some primers do both, but usually one specializes in one or the other. You usually pick a primer based on your skin’s needs so if you have oily skin you’ll go for a primer to help control oils and if you have dry skin with large pores you’ll go for a smoothing primer.
Moisturizer will help your foundation blend and sit on the skin better and is overall vital for good skin health. When you apply foundation on dry skin you can easily look cakey, moisturizer gives your foundation a smooth, moisturized base to be applied on. You apply moisturizer first and then primer, however you should apply moisturizer day and night after you wash your face :)
My favorite primer from MAC is their Prep & Prime Skin Base, it helps smooth out the skin but still helps your makeup last longer. A great basic primer for all skin types :)
Hi there! I have a post all about oily skin under my Makeup Tips link on the top of my page if you’d like to check that out :)
But some great primers for oily skin are
- Neutrogena Shine Control primer
- Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro primer
- Boots No. 7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base (sold at Target and Walgreens)
- Phillip’s Milk Of Magnesia, sounds a little crazy I know because it’s not a makeup product but it’s works as a great affordable primer for oily skin!
- Smashbox Photofinish Light (make sure to get the Light, white version not the original)
- NARS Pore Refining Primer
- MAC Matte (it’s just called matte lol)
- Benefit Porefessional (pore minimizing primers are great for controlling oils)
- Lorac Porefection Mattifying primer