Hi. I saw your post on moisturizers earlier, and I have what might be a really stupid question, but I don't know anything about this. I use Lubriderm (the sensitive skin kind, with no fragrance or anything) for my hands. Is there any reason I shouldn't use this on my face? (I'm sorry if this is stupid D: )
Not stupid at all!
Well usually body lotions are more likely to clog pores than face moisturizers because they contain more oils than regular face moisturizers and can feel more greasy. Body lotions can be more thick which will also clog pores. Some have chemicals and ingredients that are really meant for the face, the skin on your face is a lot more delicate and sensitive than the rest or you body. Some lotions/moisturizers will say for face & body, or just body, or just hands so you should read the fine print.
And of course many body lotions contain fragrance sometimes even glitter and such but it seems like yours doesnt.
I guess you can try it and if your skin reacts fine then it’s up to you! Some people have really resilient skin I just wouldnt recommend it to everyone :)
No matter your skin type moisturizing is vital for healthy, glowing skin. Moisturizing day and night will keep your skin soft, pores smaller, wrinkles away, less oily, less dry and will create a smooth canvas for makeup.
There are two main types of moisturizers
- Day time moisturizers that are light weight, absorb quickly & are not heavy/greasy. Day time moisturizers with SPF are best to prevent aging and sun spots. Using moisturizer under your makeup will help makeup blend easier and sit more flawlessly on the skin by not sticking to any dry patches. Light weight moisturizers are best for oily skin because they sink into the skin quickly and won’t make you even more oily. Even oily skin needs to be moisturized so your skin doesnt produce extra oil trying to moisturize itself.
- Night time moisturizers that are thicker and more moisturizing to moisturize deep into the skin. Usually these moisturizers are thicker creams to help moisturizer even the driest of flakey, peeling skin.
Depending on your skin type you may use just one type. For example if your skin is very, very dry you might want to use a thick, cream moisturizer day and night and if your skin is very oily you might want to use a light moisturizer day and night.
Oil Controlling / Lightweight Moisturizers
- Murad Oil Control Mattifying Lotion ($40)
- Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer ($12)
- Boots Expert Shine Control Lotion ($6)
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel ($25)
- Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin ($10)
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 ($15)
- Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer with Salicylic Acid ($6)
- Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer ($9)
- Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 ($10)
- Cetaphil Daily Moisturizing Lotion ($10)
Rich, Extremely Hydrating Moisturizers
- Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream for Sensitive Skin ($12)
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream ($13)
- Philisophy Hope In a Jar ($40)
- Eucerin Calming Creme Daily Moisturizer ($8)
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream ($13)
- Clinique Moisture Surge ($37)
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream ($12)
Check out more of my beauty and makeup tips here! :)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Model In a Bottle Setting Spray
- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray
- Kat Von D Lock & Load Setting Spray
- Ben Nye Final Seal Setting Spray
Personally, I’m really excited about it! :)
The colors are “rose” hued so more pinky and rosey gold shades so if you don’t like that then it probably isnt for you. This palette isnt a super smokey palette with dark shades.
I also like the there are 3 matte shades and the rest of the shades arent too frosty they are more of a satin/light shimmer. As always the shadows are very silky and pigmented just like the other Nakeds.
Overall very different than the Naked 1 & 2.
There are two main types of setting sprays
- A long wearing setting spray
- A hydrating setting spray
A long wearing setting spray will help your makeup last longer almost like a spray on primer that can be used over and under makeup. It acts like a shield around your makeup making it sweat, heat, resistance proof, etc.
A moisturizing setting spray helps your makeup look less cakey/powdery and helps your makeup blend seamlessly into your skin. It adds a glow to your skin to look more dewy but doesnt help your makeup last longer.
Rosewater is a moisturizing setting spray :)