Yes I LOOOVE them! My all time favorite brushes because not only are they on the affordable side but they are practical some brushes that are cheap/affordable might be soft but they can be super thin and flimsy with not a lot of hair so they don’t pick up much product or blend very well but Sigma brushes are always very dense (aka a lot of hair tightly packed together).
I think I got my first Sigma brush set in 2008/2009 and I still use brushes from that kit so they have lasted me quite a while. One brush broke on me, the glue holding the brush together fell apart. But other than that I really recommend them. I still purchase individual brushes from them because I like to have many of a certain brush I like.
Buying a kit is a great way to go but i’ll list some of my fav individual brushes from them that I use on an every day basis :)
- Flat Top Kabuki (great for foundation)
- Angled Blush Brush (great for blush or bronzer, I actually have two one for each!)
- Small Contour Brush (great for blush, bronzer, powder, contouring, highlighting)
- Tapered Blending Brush (great for blending out eyeshadow and adding color into the crease, thinner than a normal blending brush so it can still fit in the crease nicely)
MAC Lustre Drops are great! It will add a glow to your foundation while giving you more of a bronze look.
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
Most liquid bronzers will be illuminating/glowing so if you wan’t more of a matte finish try just mixing a darker shade of foundation with your current foundation on the back of your hand or using a cream or powder bronzer over your foundation :)
Milani Luminoso (pale peach)
Wet n Wild Pearlescent Pink (peachy pink)
Physicans Formula Happy Booster Blush (sheer light pink)
ELF Pink Passion (looks scary but a thin layer is a beautiful light pink!)
Illamasqua Katie (pale matte pink)
As well as Benefit Hervana, MAC Well Dressed, MAC Peaches, MAC Mocha, NARS Angelika, NARS Deep Throat, Tarte Blissful and Tarte Dollface.
Benefit must haves
- Hoola Bronzer
- Porefessional Primer
- Boxed blushes in either Hervana, Bellabamba or Coralista
MAC must haves
- Prolongwear Concealer
- Mineralized Skinfinish Natural powder
- Prep and Prime Skin Base primer
- Prep and Prime Translucent Powder (Makeup Forever & Tarte make my favs but I think translucent powder is great to have in your collection!)
- Blushes in either Pink Swoon, Peaches, Mocha, Springsheen, Melba, Well Dressed, etc. Honestly MAC has so many awesome every day blush shades just pick your fav color!
- MAC Fix Plus spray for making your skin look not so powdery/cakey. Can also be used to make your eyeshadows more intense!
I dont think you need many MAC lipsticks, lipglosses and eyeshadows as a beginner there are many cheaper alternatives. I didnt start using MAC shadows, lipsticks and such till about a year or two after I started really getting into makeup :)
I’d say splurge on skin care/face makeup items because if your skin and face makeup looks good everything else will look pretty good too! You can always get the same lip and eye look for cheaper but its not always easy to find great foundations and powders that suit your skin.