You can try a few things! :)
- Mix in some of your moisturizer with your foundation on the back of your hand, this will make it more hydrating and not look so matte!
- Mix in a shimmery/glowy liquid like Loreal Magic Lumi Primer or eve just wear it under your foundation.
- Use shimmer on your cheek bones using a blush or a highlighter or even a shimmery eyeshadow!
- Use a setting spray like ELF’s Setting Spray, it will give your face a more dewy finish
The “original” beauty blenders aka the more expensive and well known brand that makeup artists use retails for about $20 each but you can usually find 2 for $20 or $25 which is how I bought mine because it’s a better deal :)
You can buy them online at Sephora, Drugstore.com, Amazon and their official website Beautyblender.net. I havent seen any in stores but some people have told me you can find them in some Sephoras and Nordstroms.
There are more affordable “dupes” like ones from Real Technique’s, Sonia Kashuk (sold at Target) and Ulta that are around $5 dollars. I think the original Beauty Blender works the best but you can totally get a similar look with the more affordable ones.
You can also just buy the little makeup triangle sponges that have been around for years! The new beauty blenders are just a higher quality version meant to be used over and over while you usually only use the makeup sponges like once because they are harder to clean. But used wet they will give a reeeally similar effect to beauty blenders are they are so affordable!
Tips for when using a makeup sponge/beauty blender
- Wash it after every use by running under warm water and gently squeezing the sponge with soap on it so the soap can penetrate the sponge and clean from the inside out. The soap will start to foam up and turn foundation colored. Run under warm water while squeezing until water runs clean and non soapy. I like to use Johnson’s Baby Shampoo to clean my brushes and Beauty Blenders because it’s cheap and works well but you can also use brush shampoo or the beauty blender cleanser
- Use damp so all the product doesnt soak up into the sponge making you waste product
- Squeeze out as much water as possible so it’s not too wet
- Great for blending out concealer under the eyes, foundation, blending out cream blush/bronzer or blending out cream/liquid contouring and highlighting
Sometimes travel size brushes like from MAC’s collections can be not as good quality as the original full size brushes. Travel brushes can sometimes be hit or miss with the quality.
But I have a few of Sigma travel size brushes and they work just as well as the full size ones! So for Sigma I can say the travel size brushes are just as good :)
I don’t notice any difference in applying when using a travel size brush and a full size brush. If anything I like that I can get closer to my eyes and apply/blend more precisely!
- Loreal True Match Magic Lumi foundation (medium coverage)
- Garnier BB Cream for Oily/Combination Skin (still super moisturizing just longer lasting than the original version, medium/full coverage)
- Lancome Tient Miracle foundation (medium/full coverage)
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (medium/full coverage)
- Revlon Colorstay in Dry/Normal Skin or Revlon Colorstay Whipped (medium/full coverage)
I think it’s a little too glittery in my opinion. I prefer more of a shimmer/sheen but if you like a super dewy & luminous look it will give you that! MAC Lightscapade is my fav mineralized skin finish highlighter, it’s lighter & more subtle.
Hardy Candy Tiki Bronzer sold at Walmart is like identical to Soft and Gentle but no chunky glitter :)
I love love love the Queen Helen’s Mint Julep Mask. I’m not sure if it’s a clay mask but it’s “drying” like a clay mask by drying up acne and shrinks pores. When your pores are smaller they produce less oil so using this mask once a week will help acne and decrease oil plus it’s SO cheap.
Its around $3 at Walgreens, Ulta and Amazon.com!
Freeman makes a clay mask as well for very affordable sold at Ulta, CVS, Walgreens and online.
I LOVE mine!
I use every day usually only at night because I already exfoliate my skin with another product so I don’t want to over exfoliate.
I notice a difference in my skin when I don’t use it, my skin is a lot less smooth and bright. My pores are smaller when I use it and I break out less. I reeeally recommend it! Even if you don’t have acne it makes your skin a lot more smooth and even and your skin just feels so clean! It have the Mia cause it’s cheaper and works just as well. I’ve had mine for over 2 years and it’s still going strong! But you do have to buy a new brush head every 6 months or so just to keep it sanitary.
When I’m wearing makeup I use a makeup remover wipe or wash my face once to get my makeup off then I wash my face with the Clarisonic because it keeps the brush head a lot more clean and sanitary. You can clean the brush head but I just find it easier to take off most of my makeup first :)