For a natural looking powder I really love Maybelline Fit Me powder & MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. They arent too matte and don’t have too much coverage. The key to have natural looking foundation is trying not to be too matte and applying too much powder. Skin naturally has a slight sheen and isnt super matte/powdery so powder is usually what makes someone look cakey.
Translucent powder is AWESOME when trying to not look cakey because it sets your foundation so it lasts all day, blurs imperfections and pores yet looks so natural because it goes on colorless. Theyre often called finishing or setting powders because you can use them over regular face powder to make your face look extra airbrushed. You’ll never look cakey with translucent powder. However it can make your face look white in flash photography at night so I usually use it as an every day powder not a night out powder if I plan on being photographed. Laura Mercier makes a great slightly tinted translucent powder so it’s not too white. My other favorite translucent powders are ELF”s HD powder & Tarte’s Translucent powder :)
Did you guys get any makeup for Christmas? Let me know! :)
I got MAC Diva from a secret santa but thats all the makeup I got this Christmas because I think my family knows I have more than enough! lol
From MAC i’d recommend
- Mineralized Skinfinish Natural Powder because it’s such a light weight, natural looking powder but still gives good coverage.
- Any lipstick or blush really, it all depends on your skin tone but i’d get one blush you can wear every day! My personal fav is Dainty (mineralized warm pink blush) because it will work on so many skin tones yet it’s still a natural looking, every day blush.
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, great for spots or under the eyes. Great coverage but still feels light weight and not heavy/cakey.
From Sephora i’d recommend getting good face products like foundation, primer and powder. It all really depends on your skin type so you should def ask a Sephora employee for good foundation recommendations for your skin type. But i’ll tell you some of my favorite products :)
- Benefit Hello Flawless Powder which is my favorite face powder because it has great coverage so it can be used as a powder foundation or use lightly to set foundation. Makes your skin look so nice and poreless!
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Matte bronzers like Benefit Hoola Bronzer or Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer. Matte bronzers can be used for contouring or bronzing, great product to have!
- Urban Decay Naked foundation
Lately i’ve been loving Burnout or Dust all over the lid with Mooner in the crease and Limit to blend out Mooner. Mooner and Limit together give the perfect gradient effect! :)
Some other looks i’d recommend are
- Buzz all over the lid w/ Mooner in the crease, to make it even more smokey try Darkside in the crease
- Trick all over the lid w/ Factory or Darkside in the crease
- Lair on the lid w/ Factory in the crease
- Mugshot on the lid w/ Darkside in the crease
- Mooner on the lid w/ Darkside in the crease (more of a matte taupe smokey eye)
- Burnout on the lid w/ Buzz in the crease
Look what I found under the tree! Can’t wait to open these after I get off work! Merry Christmas♥