Check out my post on how to shrink your pores with skin care and makeup here :)
- Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream for Sensitive Skin ($12)
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream ($13)
- Philisophy Hope In a Jar ($40)
- Eucerin Calming Creme Daily Moisturizer ($8)
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream ($13)
- Clinique Moisture Surge ($37)
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream ($12)
Also, check out my Dry Skin 101 post here! :)
I have a whole post on oily skin which you can check out here :)
I go more in depth in my Oily Skin 101 post but skin care is also really important when dealing with oily skin! Long lasting foundations and primers are important but they won’t help the root of the problem like skin care can.
There are toners that you can use morning and night to help shrink pores which will cause them to produce less oil. You can use clay masks to help tighten and clean out pores also helping decrease the amount of oil they produce.
As crazy as it sounds try more moisturizing moisturizers or oils at night! Using something like Josie Maran Argan Oil Light (light version is more oily skin) will hydrate and repair the skin. By keeping your skin perfectly hydrated your skin wont produce as much oil because it doesnt need to. Often times your skin produces oil in order to hydrate the skin because oily skin peeps think you should moisturize less.
A few things that will add life back into your skin are
- Bronzer/blush! When you apply any base makeup like foundation, concealer and powder you’re evening our your skin tone making it look all one color. Naturally our skin has contours under your cheek bones and has natural redness on your cheeks and such. Using bronzer or blush, or both will add some color back to the skin making it look more healthy and less flat!
- Add a glow! Either by mixing moisturizer with your concealer and foundation on the back of your hand so your skin will have a bit of sheen or by adding a shimmery powder on the cheek bones and down the nose. You can even just go for a more moisturizing foundation like Loreal Magic Lumi foundation. A matte, flat look isnt always the most flattering and natural looking. Giving your skin a slight glow will add a lot of life to your skin.
- Exfoliate! Your skin can look dull and lifeless if you don’t exfoliate enough. Exfoliating makes your skin tone more even and smooth by scrubbing away dead skin so all your skin care products can sink in and work better. Your skin just looks more healthy if you exfoliate once a week or so. Your makeup will go on better and look better. Check out my post all about exfoliating here!