None of the pictures are mine unless stated otherwise :)
For business inquiries email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
since February 2012
I’ve really been liking this blush while I’m tan, a little too shimmery & not as pigmented as other nars blushes but still pretty 😀 #dontmindthename #narsyounasty
midwestmamax asked: What do you think of the Ben Nye Banana Powder?! Ive read so many reviews and it looks so lovely. Do you suggest other colors of the powder or is 'banana' pretty universal? Thanks, darlin'!
I LOVE it!
However, I dont think the shade Banana is universal. It is fairly translucent, it definitely so it doesnt show up super yellow or anything. However I am a NC 30 in MAC so like a light beige and I think it’s juuust right for me but any lighter it won’t be very brightening and may look too yellow. It’s definitely best for medium, tan and deeper skin tones. But the formula is what makes it amazing, so the shade like Cameo would be great for pale to fair skin tones. It’s a super silky, finely milled powder and sets your concealer to last all day and not crease. You can even use them as a face setting powder!
The smallest bottle is a still a huge amount of product, so it is a great deal :)
If you’re a makeup only blog, please like this post! I’m looking for more blogs to follow :)
thecautiousrebel asked: What is the function lipliners? Does it have to be the exact shade of my lipstick? Love your blog xoxo
Lipliners do many things! But the most popular functions are
- Making your lipstick last longer. By applying lip liner under lipstick it acts like a base giving your lipstick something to stick to. It prevents “feathering” which is lipstick fading and smearing around your lip line. You can use a lipliner the color of your lips, a nude (to conceal the color of your lips so the lipstick color shows true to color) or the color of the lipstick youre wearing.
- Creating a sharp, crisp lip line. Sometimes just using lipstick doesnt create a sharp, defined lip which is especially necessary with a bold lip. Using lipliner on the outline of your lips will allow you to create the perfect, crisp line.
- Altering lipstick color. Using a lighter or darker lipliner under a lipstick can make the lipstick darker or lighter. You can also use a darker lipliner on the outer half of the lips to create an ombre effect. It’s a way of playing with colors and creating a unique look!
- Creating fuller looking lips. You can use lipliner to over draw your lips a bit to create bigger lips. You don’t want to create brand new, huge lips because that will look unnatural, but you can over exaggerate a bit! lol. Even nude or lipliner the color of your lips will add definition to the lips making them look fuller.
isabel-unchained asked: How do you clean your brushes? Every time i clean mine they always seem to get stringy and harder. Thank you!
I have a post on how I clean my brushes here, with step by step pictures & the products I use which are super affordable :)
Cleaning your brushes is VITAL. Thanks mom for teaching me the #propertechniques. Be sure to do your research, and take care of them! It’s important for longevity and keeping your skin healthy too! #maccosmetics #thanksmomma
Just an I love my followers giveaway! This is a mixture of my favorite products and summer products :)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray - Great for keeping your makeup on all day, prevents your makeup from looking cakey/powdery, can be sprayed before and after makeup.
- Too Faced Natural Eye Palette - Great every day palette with a mixture of matte and shimmery shades.
- 2 NYX lipglosses in Beautiful (medium pink) and Nude Peach (peachy coral)
- 2 NYX blushes in Mauve (dusty rose) and Summer Peach (peachy pink)
- Real Technique’s Blush Brush - Great for powder, blush & bronzer.
- Deluxe Mini Benefit Porefessional Primer
- Giveaway ends Friday May 3rd, 2013
- Must be following Makeup Lovers Unite
- Likes do not count as entries
- Reblogs count as one entry, can reblog up to 10 times total
- International, all countries can enter!
Good luck :)