Not like I have a man to impress but… ;)
A day time look i’d go for is
- Light shimmer shadow all over the eyes, thin winged liner, natural flirty/wispy lashes. Brown eyeliner would look really light and flirty!
- Light to medium coverage foundation with a slight sheen/glow. Nothing too matte.
- A pale blush like a light pink or light pinky peach.
- A tinted lip balm in a rose or mauvey color. I prefer a rose or mauve lip shade for a more romantic type setting because your lips look more healthy and full than a nude or pale pink! I’d use a lip color lip liner to make my lips slightly fuller. Maybe add a little gloss!
A night time look i’d go for is
- Pale shimmery shadow all over the lid, a medium brown in the crease and on lower lash line.
- Slightly thick, winged liner or a smudged out sexy black liner look using pencil and/or black shadow. Natural glam lashes.
- A slightly more full coverage foundation, still nothing too matte!
- Contour a little more dramatic than in the day time. Go for a blush thats a little more “sexy” like a coral or rose. A pale pink blush is more flirty and girly.
- A medium pink lip liner to make my lips look fuller with a sheer nudey pink lip gloss over top.
Overall tips for a date
- Glowy skin! Try not to look too matte/powdery
- Exfoliate your lips the night before or morning of for soft, kissable lips
- Exfoliate your skin the night before and use some kind of face mask so your skin is soft & smooth the day of!
- Apply a little bit of a pale shimmery eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eyes near your pupils, this makes your eyes look bright and pretty
I hope all my followers have a great valentines day! If you have no valentine i’ll be your valentine okay <33
A few tips! Some of these tips will also help eyes look bigger & more awake for anyone not going for a “doll” look :)
White eyeliner on your lower lash line. Rimmel & NYX both make really affordable ones. White eyeliner totally gives that really doll, big eye effect. It makes your eyes look brighter and more awake!
A concealer a shade or two lighter under your eyes. This adds to the bright, super awake look. Blend down towards your nose you don’t want it to be light only right under your eyes it won’t look as natural!
Have fun with eyeliner. Do a double wing (two flicks on your upper liner) this makes your eyes look bigger and more flirty like a doll’s eyes. You can even create lower lashes with liquid liner by doing short flicks to mimic lashes.
Lashes! Lashes that are more spaced apart and spikey are more doll like. Lower lashes would totally add to the doll effect. Lower lashes are like really short regular lashes, you can even use individual lashes.
Blush only on the apples of your cheeks. This gives that blushing effect unlike if you were to bring blush back towards your temple.
Wooo welcome to the translucent powder world! lol
ELF’s Studio HD Powder is probably my favorite! It’s not the my favorite for oil control, but it makes your skin look a lot more flawless.
NYX’s HD Powder is pretty much an exact dupe for MUFE’s HD Powder because they are both 100% silica!
If you want a translucent powder more for oil control try Neutrogena’s Shine Control Translucent Powder!