Try primers like
- Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (so expensive, but so worth it my go to primer till I die… dramatic but really LOL)
- Smashbox Photofinish Light, make sure to get the light/white formula not the original because the light version is best for oily skin
- Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
Try finishing powders like
- Tarte Clean Slate Smooth Operator Finishing Translucent Powder. Great translucent powder for oil control, can be used over foundation or over pressed powder.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (colored/tinted)
- Neutrogena Shine Control Translucent Powder
- NYX HD Studio Finishing Translucent Powder
- Makeup Forever Duo Matte Powder (colored/tinted)
- Kat Von D Lock It Powder (colored/tinted)
As you can see I recommend translucent powders as well as tinted pressed powders because I know some people prefer powders that give extra coverage. I personally LOVE using translucent powder over foundation alone or over pressed powder if i need the coverage because translucent powder does a fantastic job at keeping you shine free longer. I use translucent powder as a final finishing step!
Try setting sprays like
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray
- Kat Von D Lock n Load Setting Spray
- Model in a Bottle Setting Spray (can only buy online)
Tip: Apply setting spray under and over makeup! It will help it work a little better! I wouldnt recommend Fix + much for oil control/long wearing properties, it’s mainly good for helping your makeup melt into your skin and not look cakey/dry/powdery.
Real Techniques is only at some Targets and Walgreens, but they’re at all ultas! Or you can buy them online :)
As for Sonia Kashuk I do like their single brushes. But I do notice sometimes their brush sets arent as good quality though, but I can’t speak for all their brush sets! You can also try ELF’s Studio Line $3 brushes for some affordable, decently good quality brushes!
Two of my favs are
- Wet n Wild Megaliner in Black, make sure not to get the one with sparkles the packaging looks almost identical!
- NYC Liquid Liner w/ the brush tip
The Wet n Wild brush is more thin than the NYC one, so the Wet n Wild one can create a thinner line if thats your preference :)
Looks like Diva, Media & Cyber or maybe Heroine or Smoked Purple (pro color, can buy online?
Since there are so many limited edition MAC lipsticks it could be a LE shade, but the shades I mentioned are all permanent and similar! :)
My current fav moisturizer for under foundation has been the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream! I got it as a 100 point perk at Sephora once and it’s now my go to moisturizer when my skin is dry!
I really like it for under foundation because it dries almost a powder like finish and makes your skin really smooth great prior to make application. Moisturizing like a cream but has the texture of a primer!
You can also try a brightening primer/base like Loreal True Match Lumi Primer. Revlon Photoready Skinlights or Tarte Clean slate 12 Hr Brightening Primer. These will add a glow under your foundation so your skin looks healthy and luminous :)
Also, dont forget to exfoliate with a scrub once to a few times a week to scrub away flakes and keep your skin smooth. Check out my post on exfoliating here!