Spring is around the corner! What better way to embrace spring than with a fun, coral lip! Some coral lipsticks can lean towards more of an orange, while others are more pink. Sheer or bold, a coral lip is great for every skin tone and every budget :)
Try shades like:
MAC Costa Chic (DUPE: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Hola)
Maybelline’s Vivid Collection in Shocking Coral
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in #110
Maybelline Color Elixir in Breathtaking Apricot
Maybelline Color Whisper in Orange Attitude
Tom Ford True Coral
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Stellar (on sale for $2.39 on drugstore.com right now!)
NARS Matte Multiples
You can get any shadow to look more subtle by using a light hand when applying, only picking up very little product on the brush and using a fluffy brush when blending it out :)
Try palettes like
Lorac Pro ($42)
I LOVE this palette for beginners because a common beginner mistake is using only shimmery shades so all the colors mush together looking like a shimmery mess. This palette gives a top row of matte shades and a bottom row of shimmery shades.
Too Faced Natural Eye Palette ($36)
Coastal Scents Revealed Palette ($20) you can buy online here
For basic eye brushes you can buy them separately or buy a little eye starter kit. My only issue with buying a starter kit is that sometimes you may not use all the brushes it comes with or the brush kits arent as good quality, so I prefer to buy single brushes but it’s up to you!
You can find my post on basic must have eye brushes here, you can get a feel of what eye brushes to get and buy them separately :)
Some eye brush kits I recommend are
Real Technique’s Eye Brush Kit ($20) at Ulta or some Targets, Walmarts and CVS’s.
Sigma Basic Eyes Kit ($70) here
Also, the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish has a light to medium coverage, so it may not cover all you need it to but it should cover overall skin redness but not so much acne, scars, etc :)
I’m absolutely loving @anastasiabeverlyhills new Brow Pro Palette (a must for any MUA kit!) and her amazing, super creamy, full -coverage concealers 😍 Ahh I’m in love! Looks coming soon. Thank you Anastasia! 💋❤️ #anastasiabeverlyhills
For most bright lip looks I recommend a simple winged liner or a pale shimmery shade all over the lids!
Other tips for orange/coral lips
- Keep the skin light and dewy, nothing too heavy or matte!
- Keep your blush warm like a warm pink or coral
- Don’t be afraid of bronzer, being a bronze goddess with bright orange/coral lips will look fab this summer/spring :)
However If you really want to wear eyeshadow try a matte medium brown in the crease or a more bronzey shade. A pale gold would also look great with orange!
Something long wearing but light weight! You want something to last all day through the heat, sweat and exploring but still feel light weight and easy :)
Try light weight but long lasting foundations like
- Estee Lauder Double Wear in the Light formula (more light weight)
- Garnier BB Cream for Combination/Oily Skin
- Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 (has somewhat of a whipped texture so it feels light weight on the skin)
- NARS Sheer Matte
- Makeup Forever Face & Body (water based foundation unlike many foundations being oil based so it lasts longer and looks more natural)
Since powder is a little easier try some powders like
- Bare Minerals (original) or Bare Minerals Matte if you have oily skin
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrushed Mineral Powder Foundation
- Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Foundation
- Milani Multi Tasker Powder Foundation
Have fun on your vacation babe! :)