Personally I love their
- Pro Longwear Concealer. Light weight, long lasting, great coverage, great for under eyes or blemishes.
- Mineralized Skinfinish Powder. Very natural looking powder, never cakey.
- Blushes! I love MAC blushes because they come in all shades and finishes. I’d recommend getting one or two every day blushes because you will definitely get your use out of them! My personal favs are Dainty (mineralized blush), Pink Swoon, Springsheen & Melba!
- Neutral shadows. MAC makes the best transition/blending colors that are “boring” but you will get so much use out of them. Usually in palettes they don’t have many basic shades. I made a neutral palette with matte browns, taupes, beiges, etc. They also have great every day shades like Satin Taupe, Mulch, Bronze & Woodwinked.
- Plushglasses. I love these because they are super smooth and not too sticky like the lipglasses. They are “plumping” so they make your lips look nice. Great basic colors to use every day.
- Bold lipsticks. They have so many fun shades like Rebel, Impassioned, Diva, Heroine, Candy Yum Yum. I love MAC’s lipsticks they are usually super pigmented and long lasting. Getting one or two every day shades are great as well!
Try Tarte Poreless Smooth Operator Primer! It’s a pretty thick silicone like primer, made for large pores and an uneven skin texture.
Bu honestly, you should never compare your skin to others! Unfortunately other people just have smaller pores or smoother skin (curse those people!) and trying to achieve semi perfect skin with makeup is unattainable unfortunately :(
BUT, you can improve your skin drastically with skincare! :)
Think of makeup as just hiding the problem, but skincare can fix it. The right skincare routine can make your pores smaller, skin’s texture smoother, help with dry skin, help with oily skin, treat acne, fade dark spots, etc. Everything you’re trying to fix with makeup, skincare can eliminate those problems.
Since your main problem seems to be large pores and an uneven skin texture you should really try exfoliating scrubs, serums. clay masks, etc. Underneath your current skin you have new, baby smooth skin you just have to get rid of the current layer of skin. This will take time, even months so don’t expect perfect skin after a week.
For my post on how to get smaller pores, check out my post on that here
My favorite exfoliating product is Olay’s Microdermabrasion Peel Kit. Retails for $22 and is a GREAT at home treatment/peel. Microdermabrasion is an expensive treatment you can get to drastically even your skin tone and texture. The Olay one I use is pretty intense it’s not your use every day exfoliation product, I use it about once every 2 weeks maybe 3 :)
Try serums with Retinol and Glycolic Acid. These are forms of chemical exfoliators, they exfoliate without scrubbing at the skin. These can be more on the expensive side so save your receipts incase a product doesnt work for you!
Good luck babe!
Try a waterproof type product like Makeup Forever Aqua Brow, Anastasia Dip Brow Promade, Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse or Too Faced Bullet Proof Brows :)
These are all cream type brow products almost like gel liners. They really stick to the brow and don’t budge!